Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Purchase Order Publicity




This actually happened and when I saw it, I had to blog it.


How does a sales process work? Let me explain to the non- sales buddies of mine. Sales buddies, please excuse me.


1. Requirement arises.

2. Technical Specs are taken into consideration.

3. Customer closes the specs.

4. Price negotation.

5. P.O Sent

6. Deal closed.


Well, this is how in general a deal is closed.


This colleague of mine had closed a deal and was awaiting P.O (Purchase Order to all the brillaint ones, in case you are wondering the Acronym). He was awaiting documents from two days.

FINALLY, the merciful customer decided to send across the much awaited P.O.


Usually, work space is pretty serene. But the minute his P.O came, there was a ruckus. A true ruckus.

I was curious too. So , there I went to check what the unholy commotion was all about.

To my utter amazement, the P.O sent across had the face of the customer more clearly visible than the much essential document.


What an amazing sight that was to see... It was actually a delight to see that mail.


We had a hearty laugh after a a long time......


No comments: