Monday, March 20, 2017

Thought between Lines





I have joined a Writer's Club, and this is actually my first one. We meet once a month for two hours and I can't tell you all how much I look forward to it. It is like an elixir of my Writing Life. I sit there gleaning every bit of information that we as a group share, however tacit it may be. 

Each time we meet, we bring a piece of our work. The work we bring is critiqued by the rest of the members. Like always, I bring a poetry each time we meet and like it happens, I got one this time too. After I was done with my reading, a member gave me such a thought provoking advise, that I had to blog about it. She said 2 things,

1. A poem needs to build feelings.
2. An important feeling a writer wants to leave a reader with.

These two sagacious thought provoking remarks go to me angle my writing differently. The essence to good writing is to let the reader feel what we write. 

To all those who write like me, here are two wise cents from a very kind member of my writer's group to incorporate. 

Happy Transformed Writing Folks!!

P.S: A big shout out to all the members of my Writer's Group.


No comments: